Showing your gratitude can be a great way to spread positive feelings in the world around you. When you think about it, reaching your goals starts with a single positive thought.
How do you feel when someone sincerely expresses his or her gratitude to you for something you did? Doesn’t it make you feel good about yourself? These positive feelings can lift you up, boost your enthusiasm, and motivate you to achieve even more.
Feeling grateful and appreciative for what you have can produce the same good feelings and sustain your drive toward your goals.
Gratitude can have some seriously positive snowball effects for positive outcomes in your life.
Here are some of the benefits of practicing gratitude:
- Reaching your goals. When you feel grateful, it tends to be a lasting and selfless feeling. It’s much more than just a momentary burst of positive energy; it has staying power that will provide a great boost for you to reach your goals.
- When you express your gratitude to others, ensure that you’re open and expressive. People aren’t mind readers and don’t know what you’re thinking; hearing it can make all the difference.
- Strengthened relationships. There are many ways you can express your gratitude and appreciation to your loved ones, including saying, “Thank you,” writing a letter, or giving them a thoughtful gift. When you learn to avoid taking your loved ones for granted, you’ll have a long-lasting and loving relationship.
- Showing gratitude is a two-way street. Learn how to effectively express your gratitude and, just as importantly, to receive it as well.
- Improved communication. Gratitude can mean better communication all around. By expressing your gratitude to strangers, they’ll be more likely to show an interest in helping you, too.
- Gratitude is such a powerful entity that it can even help you communicate with your pets! They should be appreciated too.
- More effective constructive criticism. No matter how we express constructive criticism, it often makes the recipient defensive or even angry. No one likes a blow to the ego. In this situation, a grateful attitude can take you a long way. You can express criticism quite effectively when you also emphasize what you appreciate about them.
- Preserving memories. You can preserve memories in a positive way when you keep a gratitude journal. You’ll be able to enjoy your memories again and again when you read about these happy times in the future. I highly recommend a gratitude journal.
Express Your Gratitude Every Day
Showing gratitude to others may seem like a selfless act, but it’s something that you also benefit from. When you show your gratitude every day, you change the way you think.
You’ll appreciate your good life when the majority of your thoughts remain positive. Negative thoughts can sometimes be overwhelming, and just because you have them doesn’t mean you’re a bad person. They happen to everyone, but you can strive to keep them to a minimum with the help of a grateful attitude.
One way to show your gratitude every day is to remind yourself of the big picture when a negative thought arises. If a petty argument with someone makes you feel angry, take a deep breath and reframe the moment. Remember that the argument is not permanent and, instead, feel grateful for the gift of this relationship.
Our days on this earth are not guaranteed so we must cherish the time that we do have and enjoy the benefits of living each day as if it were our last.
So, let me know, what are you grateful for in the comments below?
And if you want to up your gratitude game and REALLY start to attract positivity into your life, take my Attract Positivity Through Gratitude and Appreciation 14-Day Challenge. It’s easy, fun, and uplifting and really gets you into the daily habit of practicing gratitude. Start today! I would love to connect with you as your guide and instructor inside the challenge.
Sending lots of love your way.
You may enjoy this article on my other site lovewideopen.com: An Affirmation To Receive Love With Ease, Gratitude And Appreciation
Go to the Love Wide Open YouTube Channel for more videos and to subscribe.
2 thoughts on “5 Benefits of Practicing Gratitude Daily”
What you offer in wisdom gives me feelings of gratitude. In the space you create I feel safe and well cared for. It is a space of warmth and trustworthiness. It is a nourishing environment, and it encourages me to feel peace and expansion.
Hi Vickie. I am so happy to hear that my healing space encourages you to feel peace and expansion. Thank you for your comment. Keep shining your bright light. Lots of love. ~Heidi